James Low began studying and practicing Tibetan Buddhism in India in the 1960’s. He received teachings from Kalu Rinpoche, Chatral Rinpoche, Kanjur Rinpoche and Dudjom Rinpoche. Having met his root teacher, Chhimed Rigdzin Lama (also known as C R Lama), he lived in his home in Bengal for many years, serving him as required and being taught many aspects of the tradition. During this period in India James did several retreats and pilgrimages in the Himalayas. In the 1970’s and 1980’s, on his return to Europe, he also had teachings and guidance from Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche.
James translated many tantric texts and sadhanas with C R Lama, who wanted texts from the lineages of Byangter and Khordong to be available in English. These were used as practice texts by C R Lama’s disciples. Many have since been translated by others into various European languages.
C. R. Lama asked James to teach in 1976 and later gave him the transmissions necessary to do this, together with full lineage authority.
James is regularly teaching the principles of dzogchen in Europe and he publishes translations and commentaries from time to time.
James currently works as a Consultant Psychotherapist in a National Health Service teaching hospital in London and has a private psychotherapy practice. He has taught on many psychotherapy trainings in Britain.
For events with James Low please visit the website: http://www.simplybeing.co.uk/events/
Many teachings you can find at James Low’s YouTube site.
This author´s books:
- Eins mit Guru Rinpoche von James Low
- Das Gebet in sieben Kapiteln: Le’u bDun Ma – Padmasambhava
- Zuhause im Spiel der Wirklichkeit von James Low
- Aus dem Handgepäck eines tibetischen Yogi von James Low
- Lichter der Weisheit von Chhimed Rigdzin Rinpoche und James Low
- Gesammelte Schriften von Chimed Rigdzin Rinpoche
- James Low: Hier und Jetzt Sein
- Freiheit finden von James Low
- Radiant Aspiration (E-Book)